ieltscommunity10

Friday, March 31, 2006

The last week - ALREADY!!!

So my blog-shy crew, you have retreated into your shells! What a pity!

I had hoped that Roy was going to honour us with one of his sparkling, erudite essays [do email me it to me beale@eim.ae and I'll post it for you!]

The weekend has flown by in an instant and the four day slog is upon us - timed writings on Saturday / Sunday + three timed exams on Monday (I'll try to get us a bigger room for Monday - check out the blog for confirmation.)

Now I expect you to put into practice what I have been preaching. It's wise to give yourselves 2/3 weeks before the actual exam - some of you are tackling your monster on 6 and 8 April - good luck warriors!

Dr Rashid and Mubs, the classes of late have not been at all proactive in using the weblog resourcefully. Times change, classes alter, teachers try their best to motivate, but dead horses don't respond to floggings!

Any reaction?

Hmmm, I thought so!!!

The tiger goes hunting elsewhere for some red meat!!! GRRRRRRR!!

2 Comments:

  • hello people,

    I agree, this class has been quite shy in using the weblog-wonder why?

    Blogging is such an effective way of interacting and expressing one's ideas/beliefs.So people wake up and start punching something on the keyboard.It only takes a little bit of initiative and than the ball starts rolling.In other words you get a hang of it.

    I am here to help you out in any possible way.Give it a try!


    I had the opportunity to visit the British coucil last week.It turned out to be a nightmare at the help desk.I talked to another friend of mine and she complained of the same rude behaviour exhibited by a female at the front desk.
    It is really saddening that i got to be treated in such a way because iam an Asian.
    If iam coming all the way to the British council to get some work done and paying for it, at least i deserve some attention or respect for that matter.

    On the other hand, as you all must be knowing i was planning to go to Uk for my Masters.Things did not turn out as i expected and i have no regrets for that.
    Over a period of 2 months I received 3 postal mails from the IoE (Institute of Education-University of london) wanting to know the reason why I had not joined their institute.I felt slightly embarassed for being silent and not replying to them.Thus I mailed and thanked them for their concern regardless of my ethnicity.

    This is what i call humanity and customer service!

    By Blogger Mubs, at 12:05 AM  

  • Hi Mubs

    It is important that everyone is treated with respect and courtesy - two of my fundamental precepts.

    Sorry that the BC people were not that helpful - they are under pressure and overworked. It happens to ALL of us, believe me, at some time or other.

    I hope your plans work out and that this class wakes up out of its stupor (I think the former is more likely than the latter!)

    This course finishes on Tuesday, 4 April and some pilgrims are lined up for the IELTS on 6 and 8 April - poor things!

    Thanks for your interest and again, sorry about the 'reception' you got at the BC Reception.

    Bye for now

    Tony

    By Blogger Tony Beale, at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home