ieltscommunity10

Thursday, April 13, 2006

More on Writing for IELTS from Roymon

Friends,

My plan for writing was, not to spend time planning task1, because it's only a letter with 150 words. On the other hand I spent about 3-4 mins planning for Task 2. In the beginning I could not get that many ideas. Then I remembered an article that I had read in Khaleej Times (quality newspaper - Tony) and scribbled it in my plan. Once the skeleton was in place I just went about putting some flesh and concluded it with a suitable skin.

So pals, the idea is to read newspapers, magazine, any good literature you come across. While planning for task 2 you should let your imagination soar and keep your pencil ready to jot it down. Sometimes you may get many good ideas, but don't be tempted to mention all due to the fact that all we need is 250 words and the time we have is 40 mins.

All said and done, we have to develop a reading habit which encompasses at least a moderate range of subjects.

All the best

Roy

1 Comments:

  • Hello folks!

    Thanks Roy for your feedback.

    See how reading helps will all aspects of language!

    Even Roy needs to plan and marshal his thoughts!

    Bravo!

    Tony

    By Blogger Tony Beale, at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home